10 Staging Tips to sell your home faster!
Brought to you by Victoria Calabro Re/Max Flagship
1. Boost curb appeal.Power wash siding and walkways
Hang easy-to-read house numbers
Plant blooming flowers and fresh greenery
Mow lawn, and reseed or add fresh sod as needed
Wash front windows
Repaint or stain the porch floor as needed
2. Welcome visitors with an inviting porch. Even if you have only a tiny stoop, make it say “welcome home” with a clean doormat, potted plants in bloom and if you have room one or two pieces of neat porch furniture. Keep your porch lights on in the evenings, in case potential buyers drive by. Illuminating the front walk with solar lights is a nice extra touch, especially if you will be showing the house during the evening. Need porch furniture ideas? CLICK HERE!
3. Get your house sparkling clean.
From shining floors and gleaming windows to clean counters and scrubbed grout, every surface should sparkle. You may want to hire pros to do some of the really tough stuff, especially if you have a large house. Don’t skimp-this step is key!
To Find a local exterior house cleaner, click here!
5.Take a good look at your floors.
At the bare minimum, give all floors a thorough cleaning (and steam clean carpets), but consider having wood floors refinished if they are in poor shape. If you don’t want to invest in refinishing floors, the strategic placement of area rugs can go a long way.
6. Rearrange your furniture.
In the living room, symmetrical arrangements usually work well. Pull your furniture off the walls and use pairs (of sofas, chairs, lamps) to create an inviting conversation area.
7. Clean up toys.
Of course, there will be families with children looking at your home, but just because they have kids too doesn't mean seeing toys strewn everywhere will sell them on the place. When people are house hunting, they are imagining a fresh start. Show them that in this house, it is possible to have a beautifully organized kids' room.
8. Try a pedestal sink to maximize space.
If you have a small bathroom but a huge cabinet-style sink, consider swapping it out for a simple pedestal version. Your bathroom will appear instantly bigger.
9. Beware pet odors.
Really, this can be a big one! If you have pets, get all rugs steam cleaned and be extra vigilant about vacuuming and washing surfaces. Also be sure to keep any extra-loved pet toys and doggie bones hidden when tours are scheduled. Here is my trick to make my house smell wonderful!
10. Think seasonally.
Make sure your garden is in beautiful shape in the summer, and that any extra features you have, like a pool, or a fire pit, are cleaned and ready to go. Take advantage of the cozy vibe of the season in autumn and winter, by building a fire in the fireplace and simmering hot apple cider on the stove.
Click for outdoor furniture sale!